• Bruce is a funny playtester! But he’s desi so his voice count
Message to him:
1. set up your screen capture program
2. have cell phone and number : 857 366 6607
3. set the cam to record
4. call the number with your phone. make sure your beautiful face is in the screen.
5. interact ( ooh) with the phone system. go through the steps. you may put the phone on speaker phone if you wish.
record your story ” This is Bruce testing The Diabetes Stories Project”.
6. when your interaction is over, stop recording video.
7. send the video file to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. bless yourself
• Routing audio file
• UI dev
• Naming the project
• Rx:Stories ( prescribed stories )
• Rx: Kahaniyaan
• Diabetes Kahaniyaan
• Diabetes Kahani
• Diabetes Stories Project
Cheeni Kum, Bateein Zyada ( possibly tagline )
• Diabetes Katha
• Calling card: Diabetes
• Hai Sugar
ideas for web site:
silk sarees and pallu borders – blue gold green
cut outs of sari design borders from food brand images of desi brands
– males are lacking to volunteer stories
– add 18-35 agegroup in copy
• Moodboard/ aesthetic
– EXPERIMENT BRIEFS (5-6)
– EVOLUTION OF USE SCENARIOS
– SOURCES ( chicago manual style )
– OTHER DOCUMENTATION
- moodboards, storyboards, character
- debug logs
- results of primary research
images + visualization. use citation
- edit old work
- format docs
- add visuals
- write evaluation chapter
- bind (paper format)
- create continuous pdf
IMPETUS > personal | public
- personal interest, hobbies
- educational and professional goals
- cultural background [x]
- experiences [x]
- childhood, family [x]
- travel, work job
- previous design experience [x]
eg. contact with diabetic patients, direct and indirect,
A friend was pregnant and developed gestational diabetes and that tremendously complicated her childbirth, and now affects her lifestyle. I want to help people like her develop a positive attitude to tackle a changed lifestyle. This is an example of an individual changing her life, and becoming aware of her condition.
My best friends niece developed diabetes, and i saw how the childs family had to transform their lifestyle to cater to the childs needs. I want my piece to be able to reflect that the change in lifestyle is not unmanagable. This is an example of individuals being impacted by a loved one’s life changing.
I want to impact social and lifestyle change for all my south asian friends in new york, and help prevent diabetes.
- environmental + social conditions
- specific events
- physical space and location
- favorite and inspirational people
- technological progress
eg. Eve Ensler wrote the Vagina Monologues and impacted international perceptions of female sexuality, and by campaigning to end violence against women, created a dual purpose for the play.
Liberian women fight for peace.
personal activism feeding into a greater cause
This is Draft 2 of the storyline, listed in steps:
1. Woman closes door
2. Woman walks to table w/tea, empty plate, spoon + fork
3. Puts her head down
4. Lifts head on hearing voice
5. Cup is talking (about sugar)
6. Woman talks (I don’t have to listen to you)
7. Plate talks (use brown rice)
8. Spoon talks (go walking in the park) (maybe the plates are also moving around the woman just to make it visually more interesting)
9. Woman thinking sees herself as superhero, with cup, plate, spoon carrying her up/or cheering (bubble above head)
10. Woman wakes up, and knocks over the sugar (climax)
11. She rubs eyes, stares at plate, cup (realization-eureka moment)
12. She wipes away sugar and pauses for a second looking at the bowl and then the cup wondering if she should put sugar in it.
13. She puts the sugar bowl away.
14. Woman drinks tea and smile because she did the right thing. The cup winks.